Making Peace I: Cuddles and breakfast


Making Peace I: Cuddles and breakfast.

     Everything seemed to be going well. Good, very good in fact. Maybe too good. I began waiting for the other shoe to drop. Maybe I was just being paranoid. Lately, being around Seth often caused me paranoia. I feared things going back to how they were. I was scared. I shook the thought out of my head and said a little prayer.
     I had woken up this morning feeling a bit uncertain about the day. Knowing Seth and his mood swings I couldn’t be sure what mood he’d be in this morning. Yes I do realize the irony of that statement. Seth tended to be mildly bi-polar sometimes, so I always tried to figure out how to avoid any negative emotions. Overtime I had began picking up subtle signs concerning his moods. Sometimes I’m even able to predict a shift in mood before it happens. However as he slept beside me, he looked so peaceful and handsome. I liked believing I knew how to relax him and bring out his happier peaceful side. Like he was completely comfortable in my company. Like I was his personal rainbow and sunshine. But then again, my naivety always had me believing things I had no business believing. Clinging on to the hope that anything could happen. And Seth and I will be happy together. After all, we were perfect for each other.
     He opened his eyes and caught me staring. He smiled at me. I felt butterflies. What was it about him I couldn’t seem to shake? I smiled back and poked his arm. I loved this man. I am completely in love. Something felt different this time, and I prayed it was. This time things are going to go greater than I hoped for.

     He pulled me into his arms, kissed my neck and cuddled me. Good morning.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts