À La Voile




À la voile

Rolling in my bed, my mind is racing. I’m so astonished I’m so astounded. I smile when I think of you. Memories grow distant now but, I still feel their warmth, like you. Sometimes I can swear I hear your laughter in my smile.

I said goodbye to my boat today. It was hard but I did it. You see I had to give up the boat because I only had a pool, and apparently boats need bigger bodies of water to function properly. Saying goodbye has never been my forte, however, I have learned how.

As I sat by my pool, I felt empty. The pool felt different without my boat, I felt different without it… almost lost. I was angry, I didn’t want a boat in the first place but then somehow I got lucky and won one, a very special one… and now its gone. I sat there sobbing silently, hoping that by some miracle this repossession was a mistake, that it really wasn’t an issue to have a boat while I lived far from the ocean. And to be fair, I did try to explain to repo that I in fact planned on moving my boat and myself closer to the water so we would have the freedom that seemed to be demanded. But, they weren’t having it.

All this long gibberish about a boat… what was so special about this particular one? It was made just for me.

Flowers bloom when you smile
Your laughter healed my aching heart,
Avoir un coup de foudre

Holding on to fragile memories, futile yet delightful

Your voice, my favorite song replaying in my head,
Cure me with your touch; don’t leave my mind to wander

Into the wind I go, drifting endlessly
Be my anchor, don’t let me flutter away

How much more can I endure,

I fear,

I plunge into the chaos that has become me
La bète est déjà en moi
Avert your gaze as the beast devours me,

I tried to run but I have become too weak from your endless torture
Take pity on me I cry out loud to no avail,

I fear this is the end,
Denouement.

Comments

Popular Posts